Introducing Juice For Good, the vending machine rescuing imperfect oranges from landfill.
Long gone are the days where you could just get overpriced chocolate, chips and the occasional pair of Havaiana’s out of a vending machine. Now, the innovative team at ForPurposeCo. have designed a series of vending machines that rescue imperfect fruit and transform it into delicious juice, providing a fresh alternative to commonly processed drink alternatives.
Existing to expand OzHarvest’s vision, ForPurposeCo is a sustainable, socially focused, profit-generating business with people, the planet and purpose at its heart. However, all the profits generated from Juice for Food go directly back to OzHarvest to help feed people in need.
According to ForPurposeCo., nearly half of all Aussie-grown fruit and vegetables do not make it off the farm. Being able to rescue what would otherwise be thrown away, means that Sydneysiders can now enjoy 100% fresh orange juice whilst also giving back to an important cause.
Originally launching in late 2018, Juice For Good vending machines can be found at the following locations:
- Lendlease’s new Darling Square precinct at Tumbalong Blvd, near Steam Mill Lane
- 44 Market St, Sydney supported by Dexus
- The Cannery, Rosebery
- Birkenhead Point, Drummoyne supported by Mirvac
- Harbourside Shopping Centre, Darling Harbour (Level 1 opposite Cotton On and Level 3 Carpark entry) supported by Mirvac
- OzHarvest HQ, Alexandria
- The Star, Pyrmont (available to staff only)
For more information on the Juice for Good Project, click here.
Looking to reduce food waste in other ways? Check out this food waste reduction app here.