The Intercontinental Sydney has opened the doors to its new establishment for food lovers from near and far – 117 dining. To celebrate they partnered with one of the most premium champagne houses – Ruinart.
Now, when you match a Ruinart with a restaurant like 117 dining you get a night to remember. To replicate this you’ll need to know a few things first.
- Champagne is best drunk between 9am and, well, 9am. Ruinart’s Cellar master swears by this, so who am I to disagree?
- If you are going to indulge in Ruinart Champagne, you might as well have some Yasa caviar too.
- Serving oysters three ways means that you need to eat at least eat three, and preferably six, in any one sitting.
- There is no such thing as a hangover the day after drinking Dom Ruinart 2004 (I can personally attest to this).
- Miso mustard is a flavour explosion that everyone should try.
- Glacier 51 Toothfish is scary hard to catch. Enjoy every mouthful people.
- Real men drink rosé (champagne). Duck is a perfect accompaniment.
- Fairy floss is more fun when you are an adult.
Now you’re in the know, it’s over to you to experience it for yourself. Salut!
The Intercontinental Sydney
Corner Bridge & Phillip Streets, Sydney
+61 (02) 9240 1396