Fratelli Fresh has a new Spring menu.
Fratelli Fresh is a household name amongst Sydney and Melbourne food lovers. It’s a family dinner favourite, the perfect laid back night out with the gang, a cute first date spot or your go-to for a delicious lunch. If you haven’t visited this institution in a while, you’re due to call back in. The restaurant is introducing their fresh new Spring menu across all six Sydney restaurants (yes, they have six now it’s that popular!) plus their Melbourne CBD offshoot for all of our Melbourne food lovers out there. So say goodbye winter, summer is coming.
The New Menu
To celebrate the seasonal shift to sunnier, warmer times, Fratelli has enhanced their much loved Italian menu with a range of new lighter dishes. Think incredible seafood with splashes of fresh lemon, white wine and lively herbs.
All your favourites will still be around says Culinary Director Martin Heierling, who assures us that “we’ve lightened things up a little, while retaining some firm Fratelli favourites, such as our irresistible Zucchini Flowers stuffed with Five Italian Cheeses”. Weekend pre-drinks and romantic date nights are sorted with the establishments new selection of cured meats from the family owned Salumi Australia, one of the best providores of artisanal meats in the country. Alongside a glass of fresh and fruity white? Perfect.
5 Things You HAVE To Order!
- If you’re like us and think seafood and summer go hand in hand, then there’s no missing out on the Chilli and Lobster Paccheri. We love the perfect balance of sweet lobster, the heat from the chilli and the perfumed basil.
- Keen to savour all those classic spring flavours in a few bites? Be sure to order the Black Cod Al Cartoccio. The fish is cooked in a paper parcel, infusing it with all the flavours and aromas of lemon, tomato, artichoke, dill and olives.
- The Grilled Chicken Salad packs all the flavours of a springtime lunch, with radicchio, mixed baby greens, almonds and lemon currant vinaigrette.
- Hands down one of our all time favourite dishes at Fratelli Fresh is their incredible Lamb Ragu. The decadent rosemary and chilli infused penne dish is perfect for enjoying with a bold red wine. It’s also quite hearty so you can skip entrees and just have this and a nice rocket and parmesan salad at lunch time if you don’t want to be too full.
- Since Summer is on its way, a lot of us are probably working hard for our bikini bods. If you’re due for a cheat day, cheat at Fratelli. Their classic Banoffee Pie involves simple layers of caramel, cream and banana and is one of our favourite desserts in Sydney.
Fratelli’s Aperitivo Hour
With the weather getting warmer, it’s time for you and the gang to get together for drinks. And nothing brings a gang together like happy hour! Fratelli’s Aperitivo Hour is amazing value for after-work drinks. It runs from 3pm-6pm daily and includes Negroni’s ($7.50) (amazing!) on tap, $5 house wine and beers and $10 Spritzers. All these drinks can be paired with made to order pizzas for only $15, a delicious bargain.
Check out Fratelli’s website for all their location and menu details here.
To celebrate the arrival of the new sparkling spring menu, we’re giving you and 4 friends the chance to win a dinner at one of the Fratelli Fresh restaurants. Valued at $400, this is one not to be missed.
1. Follow @eatdrinkplaysyd and @fratellifresh on Instagram
2. Find the below picture on @eatdrinkplaysyd
3. Tag 3 friends you’d take and tell us your favourite dish on the Fratelli menu and why!
The most creative answer will win and will be notified via Instagram DM Wed 2nd November 2016. Good luck!
This post is brought to you in partnership with Fratelli Fresh. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make Eat Drink Play possible.