What goes well with a pub schnitzy you ask? A cleansing ale, naturally. The Toxteth get ready in the wake of an epic schnitzel degustation.
While a degustation might typically conjure up images of waiters wearing gloves and a barrage of micro-sized meals, The Toxteth are stripping back the elaborate degustation with a pub-friendly rendition.
Schnitzel and beer lovers, this one is for you. Come Saturday 14th September starting from 1pm, you can settle into a Schnitzel Degustation to remember. The crumbed and fried take on this high culinary art sees 8 courses of schnitzel paired with craft beers, supplied by Pirate Life Brewery.
Dishes include an abalone schnitzel with seaweed and radishes, followed by every vegetarian’s delight, eggplant schnitzel with crushed tomato and mozzarella. From the veggie patch to the ocean, the next course is dory schnitzel with salted capers, fondant potato and lime mayo.
Are you all schnitzeled out? We hope not, with turkey, veal, chicken and kangaroo schnitzels all given their time to shine on the menu. As for dessert, you’ll finish with a chocolate mousse ‘schnitzel’ with Anzac crumbs and berries. Cue heavy breathing.
Tickets start from $50 for food only and $75 for food and matching beer.
As you can imagine, this is going to be popular, so you’ll want to secure a ticket, stat. To book, click here.
For the full Toxteth Schnitzel Degustation Menu, see below.
- Abalone Schnitzel with Seaweed and Radishes
- Eggplant Schnitzel, Crushed Tomato, Mozzarella Cheese
- Dory Schnitzel Salted Baby Capers, Fondant Potato and Lime Mayo
- Turkey Schnitzel with Pickled Cabbage and Apple Sauce
- Veal Schnitzel Mushroom and Sage Butter, Mash Potato
- Wasabi and Sesame Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel with Steamed rice
- Kangaroo Schnitzel, Bush Tomato Compote, Lemon Myrtle
- Dessert Schnitzel Chocolate Mousse, Anzac Crumbs and Berries
Schnitzel Degustation at The Toxteth
When: Saturday 14th September, starting 1pm
Where: The Toxteth, 345 Glebe Point Rd, Sydney NSW
Price: $50 food only or $75 food and matching beers