The Winter Colada cocktail is a deeply decadent twist on the summery original for you to try at home
As deepest darkest winter has arrived, indulge in a Winter Colada – a decadent new winter cocktail from iconic riverside venue, Stokehouse Q. It’s the perfect pick-me-up that you can make at home and enjoy in the warmth and comfort of your lounge. And hey, no one’s watching so if you want to wear your jammies, you go right ahead!
Featured on the restaurant cocktail menu as well as the adjoining STOKEBAR Q, fans of a cleverly blended cocktail will love the Winter Colada. The cocktail is comprised of a bespoke blend of smooth Bulleit Frontier bourbon, coconut, sugary caramelised pineapple and tart chocolate bitters.
It’s a delicious twist on the classically tropical and summery pina colada but with seriously wintery flavours.
Here’s what you need to make this delicious winter drink at home:
- ● Boston cocktail shaker
- ● Hawthorne strainer
- ● Tall glass
- ● 60ml Bulleit Bourbon
- ● 55ml coconut cream
- ● 45ml caramelised pineapple syrup
- ● 15ml lemon Juice
- ● 2 dash chocolate bitters
- ● 1 tsp toasted coconut
- ● 1tsp grated nutmeg
- ● Crushed ice
- ● Garnish – pineapple leaf, maraschino cherry, grated nutmeg
- Add all of the ingredients into the Boston cocktail shaker, shake what your mama gave you
- Combine toasted coconut and grated nutmeg
- Rim the tall cocktail glass with the toasted coconut and nutmeg mix.
- Single strain your Boston mixture into the glass using the Hawthorne strainer
- Fill with crushed ice
- Garnish with pineapple leaf + maraschino cherry, and a bit of extra nutmeg for good measure
- Sing the Piña Colada song and you’re done (this part is essential!)
If you’d prefer to have this mixed for you, you can enjoy it at Stokehouse Q in St Kilda