Discover the top-notch Melbourne bars serving booze-free cocktails, plus here’s your chance to WIN the ultimate booze-free cocktail kit!
Melbourne, it’s that time of year again. Whether you’ve had a few too many glasses of vino in iso or want to give your liquor cabinet a rest, Dry July is the perfect excuse to try a different kind of cocktail. And this year, we’ve found another reason to ditch the booze while still enjoying delicious drinks that replicate the same aroma, taste and appearance of your favourite classic cocktails.
Say hello to Lyre’s, the world’s most awarded non-alcoholic spirits range. Taking its name from the Australian Lyrebird (a.k.a. the world’s greatest mimic), Lyre’s is on a mission to give everyone the freedom to drink their drink, their way. The best bit? You’ll find their range of vegan, non-alcoholic spirits stocked in some of Melbourne’s top bars.
Ready to go booze-free this Dry July? Keep reading to find out more!
Why go booze-free?
We’ve all been there: you’re at a bar with your mates and everyone is ordering perfectly crafted cocktails. Whether you’re expecting a new addition to the family or simply want to stay sober, navigating these boozy social situations can be a challenge. But thanks for Lyre’s exquisite range of lovingly crafted non-alcoholic spirits, you can still enjoy a perfectly crafted drink minus the booze.
In fact, that’s why Lyre’s was created in the first place! The team didn’t want to just provide an alternative to alcoholic drinks, they wanted to replicate the taste and aroma of the originals, using only finest all-natural essences, extracts and distillates from the four corners of the globe. The result? Lyre’s award-winning range of non-alcoholic spirits are ultra-low sugar and low in calories, vegan-friendly and can even be mixed with alcoholic spirits for a low ABV cocktail alternative.
Going booze-free has become an attractive option for many punters, enabling revelers to remain clear-headed and in good spirits all night long (without a nasty headache the following day). Plus, the look and taste of Lyre’s non-alcoholic spirits range mean you won’t have drink envy at the bar either. Talk about a massive win!
Where to score booze-free cocktails in Melbourne
On the hunt for the best spots to find booze-free cocktails in Melbourne? We’ve done the hard work for you. Here are some of our favourite spots to score delicious alcohol-free drinks across our beautiful city.
- The 18th Amendment Bar, Geelong: lose yourself at this Prohibition-style speakeasy bar, with an expertly curated cocktail menu showcasing a range of delicious booze-free drinks.
- Arbory Bar, CBD: drink and dine alfresco at Melbourne’s riverside arts and entertainment precinct, with Aborary Bar & Eatery serving up unforgettable booze-free cocktails.
- Black Pearl, Fitzroy: as one of Melbourne’s most iconic bars, don’t miss a perfectly mixed booze-free cocktail from this top-notch drinking den.
- Cutler & Co, Fitzroy: discover simple, refined hospitality at the famous dining room of Cutler & Co, renowned for delicious dishes and an extensive range of booze-free cocktails.
- Land of Plenty, St Kilda: this rooftop bar and charcoal-fuelled restaurant delivers the best BBQ eats and good old-fashion Aussie hospitality (with plenty of booze-free cocktails as well).
- Marion, Fitzroy: this neighbourhood wine bar is known for delicious snacks and drinks, plus a selection of perfectly crafted booze-free cocktails.
- St Luja, St Kilda: head to one of St Kilda’s finest cocktail bars to experience some of Melbourne’s best booze-free cocktails.
EDIT: This comp is now closed! Thanks to everyone for entering.
Melbourne, here’s your chance to bring the bar to your living room. We’ve teamed up with the crew from Lyre’s to offer 5 lucky readers the chance to win the ultimate booze-free cocktail kits.