Christmas has come early for gin lovers with a Four Pillars Gin pop up opening in MYER
Christmas has come early for gin fans in Melbourne with Four Pillars opening its first ever pop-up distillery door at the MYER Melbourne Giftorium, your one-stop-shop for Christmas shopping, this year with a drink in hand.
Open until Christmas Eve, the Four Pillars Pop-Up Gin Store & Bar is the only place in Melbourne where you can find the entire Four Pillars range of gins and merchandise, including super limited releases like Pure Kisumé Gin, Bloody Shiraz Gin and Dry Island Gin, as well as their 2018 Christmas Gin (which will be available from Saturday, 3 November).
And just like at their Distillery Door in Healesville, if you prefer to try before you buy, you’re in luck. Alongside offering tastings of all Four Pillars Gins and serving up a range of perfect G&Ts, each week a new cocktail by Four Pillars Creative Director, James Irvine will be on offer for $15, showcasing some of Four Pillars most popular drops including Bloody Shiraz Gin, Australian Christmas Gin and the classic Rare Dry Gin.
And for those who want to master the perfect serve, there will be a series of events at the Pop-Up Gin Store & Bar showing you how to mix the ultimate Australian Christmas Gin cocktail and perfect the classic Four Pillars G&T.
Events are first in, best dressed and will run over the following dates:
- Every Thursday night, 6.30pm: The distillery comes to you with the Four Pillars Gin ambassadors running a full gin tasting experience.
- Saturday, 3 November, 12pm and 2pm: Learn from the best in the business when Four Pillars Creative Director, James Irvine runs his Cocktail Masterclass, teaching you how to make a seriously good gin cocktail.
- Saturday 10 November, 12pm and 2pm: Four Pillars Co-Founder & Distiller, Cameron Mackenzie is heading into town for a Meet the Maker session where you can learn some more about Four Pillars and taste the gin with the man who makes it.
- Saturday, 24 November, 12pm and 2pm: Learn how to nail the classic G&T with the perfect mixer, Fever-Tree, at the Gin & Tonic Masterclass. We’ll run through the history of the Gin & Tonic, the different garnishes and Fever-Tree tonics available and the best way to enjoy your Four Pillars G&T this summer.
- Sunday, 25 November, 12pm and 2pm: James Irvine is back for round two with a second Cocktail Masterclass so you can finesse your cocktail making skills before December kicks in.
The Four Pillars Pop-Up Distillery Door is located in the MYER Melbourne Giftorium, Level 6, MYER, Bourke Street Mall and will run from Friday, 19 October to Monday, 24 December. The Four Pillars Pop-Up Store will be open during MYER store opening hours. And after standing in that line for Santa you will definitely deserve a delicious gin drink.
Don’t drink more, drink better this Christmas.