Want to learn something new? Master a new skill from the comfort of your couch with these epic online classes.
With more time on our hands than usual, now is the perfect opportunity to put this free time to good use. Whether you’re looking to sharpen your culinary skills, learn a new instrument, master the art of public speaking or anything in between, explore our guide to the best online classes to help you learn a new skill.
Cooking & Booze-Related Classes
- Learn how to pickle veggies like a pro or preserve tomatoes with Cornersmith’s online cooking school.
- Get cooking with Queer Eye’s Antoni Porowski and make the most of your pantry staples with his new IG TV mini-series, Quar Eye: Cooking Lessons in Quarantine.
Speaking of cooking, why not follow along with Massimo Bottura’s Kitchen Quarantine on IG TV, as this legendary Italian chef shares his culinary tips and tricks.
Master the art of elevated scrambled eggs, pasta dough, beef wellington and more with Gordon Ramsay’s cooking series on Masterclass.
Learn how to nail culinary basics like making sourdough bread, cooking salmon and more with The New York Times’ Cooking platform.
Dreaming of becoming a sommelier (or just curious about what wine is all about)? Check out Wine Australia’s hub of education resources.
We might not be able to visit the gym, but there’s still plenty of ways to keep active (even from home). Here are a few places to start:
- Find your flow with Yoga With Adrienne of YouTube (free)
Improve your flexibility with Alo Moves’ yoga and flexibility classes on YouTube (free)
Get your sweat on with Barry’s Bootcamp’s daily live stream classes ‘Barrys’ At Home’ on IG TV (free)
Explore a bank of equipment-free workouts, yoga and pilates classes on the Keep It Cleaner app (free 7 day trial for new users)
Keep your mind and body healthy with Lululemon’s weekly series of wellbeing content on IG (free live yoga classes, workouts, meditation sessions and more)
US boxing gym Rumble is releasing a ‘Rumble At Home’ HIIT and boxing series on IG TV (free)
Other Classes To Learn Something New
- Explore Masterclass, a hub for online learning featuring big-name celebrities who have mastered their craft. Learn how to act with Natalie Portman, master filmmaking with Spike Lee, learn about fashion design with Marc Jacobs and so much more.
- Similarly, Skillshare is another great online learning platform with courses in everything from animation, illustration, graphic design, web development and more.
- Unleash your inner musician with thousands of online music lessons on Yousician.
Still looking for ways to keep busy at home? Check out our guide to the best ways to pass the time at home here.