Learn how to master everything from Asian banquets to Italian seafood dishes at this epic class program at Sydney Seafood School.
Set beneath the famous Sydney Seafood Market you’ll find a hub for hands-on culinary learning experiences. For the past 30 years, Sydney Seafood School has been welcoming over 12,500 visitors each year through its doors. On a mission to inspire Sydneysiders and visitors to reignite the fun in cooking, the school hosts live cooking demos, hands-on workshops and more with chefs from around the country. And once the teaching is done, guests are treated to 360-degree photomural of Blackwattle Bay while enjoying a dinner in the school’s adjoining dining room.
To mark Sydney Seafood School’s 30th Anniversary, the team has called on some of Sydney’s top chefs to run a series of interactive masterclasses throughout summer. Alongside the school’s usual hands-on cooking experiences, these limited edition culinary experiences are designed to empower diners with the skills to recreate some of these chef’s favourite dishes at home.
These guest presenter classes give guests the chance to follow along with some of Sydney’s top chefs. Each participant will be cooking at custom-made stainless steel cooking islands kitted out with state-of-the-art appliances, cookware and knives. Ready to get cooking? Here’s a run-down of the upcoming guest presenter workshops at Sydney Seafood School.
- February 8th 2020: Alessandro Pavoni from Ormeggio at the Spit and Lucio Galletto – Learn how to master the unique flavours of Italy’s varied regional cusisine and prepare delicious traditional seafood dishes alongside the owners of two of Sydney’s best Italian restaurants.
- February 26th 2020: Michael Rantissi from Kepos Street Kitchen – Join Israeli-born chef Michael as he guides you through the basics to creating Middle Eastern-inspired fare and seafood classics.
- March 2nd 2020: Ralph So from Chin Chin – Join Chin Chin’s head chef Raph as you learn to master two seafood dishes from one of Sydney’s top Asian restaurants.
- March 23rd 2020: Jacqui Challinor from Nomad – Bringing her ‘back to basics’ ethos to Sydney diners, join Nomad’s Head Chef Jacqui as she explains how to master two of her favourite seafood dishes.
- March 28th 2020: Dan Hong from Lotus – Working in the kitchens of Longrain, Tetsuya’s, Bentley and Marque, join Dan for a hands-on masterclass as you create flavourful seafood dishes before sitting down for a decadent lunch.
To explore the full program of upcoming classes at Sydney Seafood School, click here.