Want to try your hand at baking this week? Get baking with Arnott’s Monte Carlo biscuits (ready in just 24 minutes).
The team from Arnotts is helping home bakers across the country recreate their delicious baked goods at home with the Arnott’s Big Recipe release. The new project will be releasing a new recipe each week from their classic collection (sharing their recipe secrets from the first time ever). From now until social distancing regulations are lifted, Arnotts will be sharing a delicious recipe and inviting home bakers to make these tasty treats at home.
Want to be the first to hear about their new recipes? Keep an eye out of the Arnott’s website and socials every week for their secret recipe reveals (plus share a snap of your baking creations using #BakeTogether).
First up, we have the famous Arnott’s Monte Carlo. This crunchy biscuit treated, loaded with smooth vanilla cream and a touch of chewy jam, is the perfect iso treat. Ready to get baking? Try this simple recipe below!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 14 mins
- 125gm butter, softened
- ½ cup (125g) caster sugar
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 1½ cups (240g) plain flour
- 60g butter
- ¾ cup (150g) pure icing sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- Raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl place butter, sugar, lemon rind, vanilla and golden syrup. Beat for approx. 1 minute. Add egg and beat for a further minute. Do not overbeat. Stir in sifted flour and coconut until well combined.
- Place half the dough mixture on a piece of baking paper and wrap to form a log. Repeat with the remaining dough mixture.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until slightly firm. Using a serrated knife, cut into 8mm slices. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes then place on a cooling rack to cool.
- For the cream filling, place butter, sugar and milk in a medium bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sandwich cooled biscuits with jam and cream.