Discover the top-notch Sydney bars serving booze-free cocktails, plus here’s your chance to WIN the ultimate booze-free cocktail kit!
Sydney, it’s that time of year again. Whether you’ve had a few too many glasses of vino in iso or want to give your liquor cabinet a rest, Dry July is the perfect excuse to try a different kind of cocktail. And this year, we’ve found another reason to ditch the booze while still enjoying delicious drinks that replicate the same aroma, taste and appearance of your favourite classic cocktails.
Say hello to Lyre’s, the world’s most awarded non-alcoholic spirits range. Taking its name from the Australian Lyrebird (a.k.a. the world’s greatest mimic), Lyre’s is on a mission to give everyone the freedom to drink their drink, their way. The best bit? You’ll find their range of vegan, non-alcoholic spirits stocked in some of Sydney’s top bars.
Ready to go booze-free this Dry July? Keep reading to find out more!
Why go booze-free?
We’ve all been there: you’re at a bar with your mates and everyone is ordering perfectly crafted cocktails. Whether you’re expecting a new addition to the family or simply want to stay sober, navigating these boozy social situations can be a challenge. But thanks for Lyre’s exquisite range of lovingly crafted non-alcoholic spirits, you can still enjoy a perfectly crafted drink minus the booze.
In fact, that’s why Lyre’s was created in the first place! The team didn’t want to just provide an alternative to alcoholic drinks, they wanted to replicate the taste and aroma of the originals, using only finest all-natural essences, extracts and distillates from the four corners of the globe. The result? Lyre’s award-winning range of non-alcoholic spirits are ultra-low sugar and low in calories, vegan-friendly and can even be mixed with alcoholic spirits for a low ABV cocktail alternative.
Going booze-free has become an attractive option for many punters, enabling revellers to remain clear-headed and in good spirits all night long (without a nasty headache the following day). Plus, the look and taste of Lyre’s non-alcoholic spirits range mean you won’t have drink envy at the bar either. Talk about a massive win!
Where to score booze-free cocktails in Sydney
On the hunt for the best spots to find booze-free cocktails in Sydney? We’ve done the hard work for you. Here are some of our favourite spots to score delicious alcohol-free drinks across our beautiful city.
- Bather Pavilion, Balmoral: for sparkling views of Sydney’s Balmoral Beach, flock to the much-loved Bather’s Pavilion for an elegant 1920s art-deco inspired venue serving top-notch booze-free cocktails.
- Button Bar, Surry Hills: tucked away in the backstreets of Surry Hills, head to Button Bar for delicious bites and flavourful booze-free drinks.
- Catalina, Rose Bay: as far as romantic dining destinations go, this is one of Sydney’s best. Head to Rose Bay to experience Catalina, an idyllic spot for booze-free cocktails and delicious fine dining eats.
- Chiswick, Woollahra: this picturesque dining room in leafy Woollahra delivers a sublime blend of elegance and intimacy, with a stellar booze-free cocktail offering to match.
- Gin Lane, Chippendale: this small gin-fuelled bar on Chippendale’s bustling Kensington Street offers an intimate space to drink and dine (with a fantastic booze-free cocktail offering to boot).
- Manly Wharf Bar, Manly: set on the waterfront at Manly Wharf, this iconic beachside spot is the perfect spot for seasonal pub classics and oh-so-delicious booze-free cocktails.
- O Bar & Dining, CBD: whether you nab a seat at the restaurant, settle into the Lounge Bar or head to the chic Lobby Bar for an evening tipple, O Bar & Dining is the perfect spot for a booze-free cocktail in the heart of the city.
- Pilu, Freshwater: drawing inspiration from the regional flavours of Italy, this modern coastal spot is the perfect location for a delicious meal and booze-free cocktails to match.
- Stitch Bar, CBD: one of the CBD’s best hidden small bars, Stitch Bar is an underground vintage-style American diner renowned for burgers, cocktails and booze-free drinks.
- Three Blue Ducks, Bronte & Rosebery: no stranger to top-notch eats and drinks, swing by Three Blue Ducks’ iconic Sydney outposts for a flavourful seasonal menu and unmissable alcohol-free cocktails.
It’s Competition Time!
Sydney, here’s your chance to bring the bar to your living room. We’ve teamed up with the crew from Lyre’s to offer 5 lucky readers the chance to win the ultimate booze-free cocktail kits.