Chef Danny Russo shares his Pasta Fagioli recipe with Nduja oil using legumes from Europe.
Are you on the lookout for delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly ingredients that can transform your meals? Look no further than the humble yet versatile canned legumes. With prices of fresh produce skyrocketing in Australia, it’s time to embrace nature’s pearls and discover the exciting flavours and diverse culinary possibilities they offer.
To help you unlock the true potential of canned legumes, we’ve teamed up with the acclaimed Italian-Australian chef, Danny Russo, who has crafted an extraordinary selection of recipes for you to try at home. Get ready to tantalise your taste buds with the Pasta Fagioli recipe below, as well as Duck Skewers & Black Bean Salsa, Cannellini Bean Fingers, BBQ Scallop & Borlotti Puree, BBQ Octopus & Charcoal Chickpea Puree, and Zucchini Flowers.
It’s important to note that not all legumes on the shelf are equal, and Europe is renowned for producing the finest quality and flavoursome legumes in the world. Chef Danny Russo uses legumes from Europe, knowing they can elevate any dish by adding incredible flavour, texture and a dose of essential nutrients. Curious about the world of legumes and want more recipes? Find out more here.
Recipe (10 portions)
400g tinned borlotti beans
50mls olive oil
60 diced onions
2 each garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
1 sprig rosemary
2L vegetable stock
4 each tomato salad, skinned, and diced
150g tubetti pasta
60g Nduja paste
- Drain the borlotti beans and puree half and keep the other half whole.
- In a small pot, over low heat, add the EVOO and Nduja paste together and slowly heat, allowing the flavours to combine and develop.
- In a separate pot sauté the onions, garlic and rosemary until the onions are translucent. Add the pancetta and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes have broken down then add the stock, pureed beans & whole beans. Add the pasta then allow to cook until ready. Approx. 30mins.
- Season and remove the piece of pancetta.
- Drizzle with the Nduja oil and serve.
Sponsored Love. This post is proudly brought to you in partnership with Legumes from Europe. Thank you for supporting the partners that make Eat Drink Play possible.