The Rock’s favourite Maybe Sammy has scored another epic international accolade.
For lovers of a great cocktail, the CBD has plenty to offer. But one new player has been making big waves among Sydneysiders and, most recently, with drinkers overseas. Since swinging open its doors last year, Maybe Sammy has quickly become a hot spot for a well-made drink in the heart of the city. And in news just announced, it’s received a huge pat on the back from global industry leaders.
Maybe Sammy has been named the winner of Michter’s Art of Hospitality Award as part of The World’s 50 Best Bars 2020. The award recognises one bar in the world which industry experts declared they received the single best hospitality experience at, during the voting period.
For Maybe Sammy, this is just the latest of a number of awards earned by the cocktail bar. Since opening, the venue has collected several prestigious national and international bar awards including Best Bar in Australasia (2019 The World’s 50 Best Bars), Best International New Cocktail Bar at the 2019 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards, plus Best Cocktail Team, Bar Team of the Year and NSW Cocktail Bar of the Year at the 2019 Australian Bar Awards held in Sydney.
To coincide with this impressive award, the Maybe Sammy team will be slinging delicious mini cocktails every day of the week. Maybe Sammy’s Mini Martini Hour will be running every day from 4.30pm – 5.30pm, with seven delicious mini martinis to choose from (all just $5.50 during the happy hour), including:
- Mini Sammy – Ketel One Vodka, Aperol, Peach Tea, Vermouth Bianco
- Mini Dean – Oscar Vermouth Rosso, Tanqueray Gin, Maraschino, Orange Bitters
- Mini Frank – Campari, Calle 23 Tequila Blanco, Mezcal Vida, Montenegro, Dry Vermouth
- Mini Ava – Aperol, Ketel One Vodka, Rhubarb, Orange Curaçao
- Mini Negroni – Tanqueray Gin, Campari, Oscar 697 Vermouth Rosso
- Mini Martini – Ketel One Vodka or Tanqueray Gin, Dry Vermouth, Olive
- Mini Irish Coffee – Jameson Stout Irish Whiskey, Costa Rica Azul Natural Coffee, Honey, Muscovado, Cream
Want to see more of this new 50s inspired cocktail bar? Check out Eat Drink Play’s write up of Maybe Sammy by clicking here.