Ex-Barangaroo House chef Cory Campbell reveals the secrets of preparing this delicious seafood classic with a twist.
Looking to step up your dinner game? Look no further than this delicious and oh-so-easy barramundi recipe. The best bit? You’ll only need 5 ingredients to make it happen. Find out more below!
Created by: Cory Campbell, Barangaroo House
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 4x 160g Australian barramundi mid loin fillets with skin on
- 12 Kipfler potatoes
- 190ml olive oil
- Mixed fresh herbs, chopped
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- Generously season potatoes with salt. Boil and bring down to a simmer until potatoes are cooked, then remove from water and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. One at a time, squash potatoes flat and place in an oiled baking tray. Drizzle with 100ml olive oil and season with salt and chopped herbs.
- Place potatoes in oven and roast until the edges are golden and crisp.
- Heat frypan to medium-high heat. Pat the barramundi dry then season with salt and 50ml olive oil. Pour a small amount of oil into a pan and wipe it around with kitchen paper. Carefully place barramundi skin-side down into the pan, adding a little pressure to the fish so it doesn’t curl up.
- When skin is golden and crisp, carefully flip barramundi. Add butter and leave to foam. Turn heat down to medium-low and allow fish to cook through. Turn off heat, remove barramundi from pan and place onto a tray or plate lined with kitchen paper, skin-side up.
- To serve, place hot smashed potatoes into a serving bowl with Barramundi.