Crisp up your white linens and experience the world’s most chic picnic as Le Dîner en Blanc returns for its 10th edition in Sydney and Canberra.
The world’s most elegant picnic is returning to Sydney on Saturday 12th November and to Canberra on Saturday 26th November, both in secret locations yet to be revealed. Don your best outfits as this is set to be the biggest social gathering of the year! With an all-white dress code including tables, chairs and table cloths, watch as iconic public spaces worldwide are transformed into a magical picnic wonderland. You’ve never witnessed a more Instagramable moment than this…
Le Dîner en Blanc started as a small event in Paree where friends would gather and word of the month would welcome a few ring-ins. It’s now become a worldwide phenomenon celebrated in over 120 cities around the globe. Although the event has changed drastically over the years, the sole purpose of getting dressed up in an all-white attire and sharing a meal in the world’s most beautiful public spaces has remained.
In more recent years, Le Dîner en Blanc Sydney has seen iconic locations such as Bondi Beach, Centennial Parklands and the Sydney Opera House forecourt transform. Event host Antoine Bessis promises some huge surprises in store for 2022, providing a perfect icebreaker when seizing the opportunity to get to know new people in your community. Attendees are encouraged to shop local for their picnic baskets and bring their favourite neighbourhood delicacies, from wine and cheese to the best family-sizes pies.
- Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
- Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: all white!
- Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. As per Sydney’s and Canberra’s alcohol licensing laws, guests cannot bring their own alcohol, nor is any beverage allowed to BYO. Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, must pre-order online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
- To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at the assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising proper stemware and white dinnerware.
- A catered picnic basket option, which can be pre-purchased online and picked up on-site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Le Dîner en Blanc’s e-store.
This is an exclusive event with limited seating. To be a part of this amazing star-lit evening, register up here