Good Food Month is back. Here are our top picks for Australia’s largest foodie festival.
This year, the Good Food Month promises another dazzling line up of culinary experiences from the 1st to 31st October 2020. Presented by Citi, this year’s food-fuelled extravaganza aims to shine a light on Sydney’s innovative, experimental and ever-changing dining scene.
Each year brings the heat with a strong celebrity chef line up, and 2020 is no different. This year you can expect the likes of Danielle Alvarez (Fred’s Paddington), Elizabeth Hewson (FINK Group), Steve Hodges, John Susman, Neil Perry and so many more.
Now in its 22nd year, Good Food Month’s presenting partner Citi is giving you even more reason to book your spot at this foodie festival. Citi are offering their customers a 20% discount on tickets to the feature events (when customers pay with a Citi card, with tickets available until allocation is exhausted).
Now more than ever we all need to get behind and celebrate the role food plays in bringing us together. After the challenging year we’ve experienced, this is a fantastic way to support the hospitality industry and the culinary talent we know and love. Plus, Good Food Month will even be donating a portion of ticket sales to chosen charities (with $5 per ticket donated to the likes of OzHarvest, R U Ok, Hope Delivery and more).
So, what feature events should you book into at Sydney Good Food Month? Check out our top picks below:
- Sun, October 18th – Always Add Lemon: An Intimate Dining Experience with Danielle Alvarez (Hotel Centennial): enjoy a truly special dining experience (lunch or dinner) to celebrate the launch of her new book, Always Add Lemon. Book your spot ($170 pp) here.
- Wed, October 21st – A Night In Napoli at Icebergs Dining Room & Bar: escape to one of Italy’s most unique and dynamic food-driven cities for one-night-only. Book your spot ($170 pp) here.
- Fri, October 23rd – Hook, Wine & Drinker at Eleven Bridge by Rockpool Events: join Steven Hodges, John Susman and Neil Perry for a spectacular seafood experience at Eleven Bridge. Book your spot ($190 pp) here.
- Sun, October 25th and Mon, October 26th – The Good Weekend Quiz Live at Eleven Bridge: test your goodie knowledge at this live culinary quiz. Book your spot ($140 pp) here.
- Sat, October 31st – Young Chefs presented by Citi at Alibi Bar & Kitchen: watch the next generation of culinary talent showcase their skills. Book your spot ($130 pp) here.
Plus, Good Food Month will be running small capacity events across regional cities as well with the Friends of Good Food Month (with over 40 events taking place across Sydney and NSW this October).
Sydneysiders can enjoy a pasta degustation at Big Poppa’s, cool climate wine dinner at The Restaurant Pendolino, journey through the Silk Road at Spice Temple, jazz at Restaurant Hubert, stressless Sundays at Ormeggio at The Spit, Japan’s finest flavours at No.5 Restaurant & Bar, an evening of decadence at O Bar and Dining, Spring Picnic Bags from Chiswick, virtual feasts and masterclasses thanks to Pasta Pals and Mjolner, and tasty collaborations between Aria and Maybe Sammy, Estate and Clove Lane, Cucinetta and Jacqui Ektoros. Find out more here.
Get ready, tickets go on sale at 9am, Thursday September 17th. To find out more about the Good Food Month 2020 program and to book your spot, click here.