The undoubtedly best TV series is making a comeback and we’re dropping everything you need to know about the episode, as well as how you can prepare.
It’s hard to find a friend who doesn’t love Friends. Whether you are a die-hard fan that attends Friends-themed trivia nights at your local pub and can annoyingly recite every word to every episode or you are the person who can’t cook dinner without it blaring in the background as white noise. Almost 30 years after the very first episode, the show is still so relatable for millions of people around the globe. Even just one episode has a way of making you feel comfortable and happy and if you need a laugh, the quintessential “how you doin'” from Joey can always shake a bad mood. Whether you agree that Ross and Rachel were on a break, we can all admit this show is one of the best American sitcoms of all time.
After what feels like years of anticipation and viral rumors, it has been confirmed that the Friends reunion episode is officially hitting the screens this week. All your favourite friends, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Liza Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer will reunite to honor the iconic sitcom’s 25th anniversary over a celebratory and emotional episode, The One Where They Get Back Together. We think you should prepare the tissues because this trailer has already got us tearing up.
Where to watch the episode:
The reunion episode will play this Thursday 5.02PM (AEST) on BINGE. If you don’t already have an account, we suggest making the most of your free trial.
What to expect:
The official trailer was dropped earlier this week showing the cast getting back together in the original Friends studio. The trailer shows snippets of the episode, the cast reliving the famous trivia episode, The One With The Embryos, reading their lines to each other in full character, and just generally picking up exactly where this dream team left off. They will be joined by James Corden for a sit-down interview in front of a live audience. In the more candid moments of the interview, we get insights into just how close the stars are in real life. “I love you guys so much,” Jennifer Aniston says in the middle of a group hug (I’m not crying, you’re crying).
Watch the full trailer here:
How to prepare for the one we have all been waiting for:
- Binge-watch every episode or at least your favourites. With 10 seasons and 236 episodes, your chances of getting through them all before the airing are impossible, but you can certainly watch a few to get you excited. A personal favourite is The One Where No One Is Ready – everyone is in one room, Joey is doing lunges in Chandler’s clothes and Monica leaves a not-so-breezy voice message on Richards’ phone.
- Test your knowledge with a Friends-themed game. Whether you’re brightening up lunchtime in the office or you and your partner go head to head at home, there are plenty of themed games to get you in the mood. You can usually pick one up quite cheap from your local games shop.
- Prepare your invite list for a Friends viewing party. Create a Facebook event and make it a big deal, because it is.
- Organise an impressive spread for the viewing. It only seems fitting to order pepperoni pizza in honour of Joey and make sure you get a few boxes because JOEY DOESN’T SHARE FOOD. Here’s some of the Best Pizza In Sydney.
- Lastly, prepare your tissues! With the cast showing tears in the trailer, we can expect this to be an emotional rollercoaster.