Grab everything you need for the ultimate impromptu picnic in Sydney.
There’s nothing better than spending an evening outdoors during the summer months. Whether you’re looking for a romantic date-night spot or the perfect alfresco location to catch up with your mates, discover our ultimate guide to organising an impromptu picnic in Sydney.
- WHAT: Meet Sydney’s newest Harbour foreshore park, with plenty of lookouts, walking and cycling trails, idyllic covers, picnic spots and more. Accessible via public transport and car.
- EAT: Head down to the Barangaroo precinct and take your pick of delicious takeaway dining options, including Ume Burger, love.fish, Lotus Barangaroo, Devon Cafe, The Meat & Wine Co. and so much more.
- WHAT: Part of the Glebe Foreshore Walk, this picturesque park is the perfect spot for a waterfront picnic with BBQs, picnic tables, public toilets and off-leash dog areas.
- EAT: Take a stroll to the Tramsheds dining precinct to enjoy takeaway eats from the likes of Osaka Trading Co., Butcher and the Farmer, Belles Hot Chicken, GARÇON Cafe & Bar and Gelato Messina.
- WHAT: Also known as the ‘grassy knoll’, this picnic spot boasts some of the best views of Bondi with plenty of shady spots, BBQ facilities and each access to the beach for a swim.
- EAT: Swing by Porch and Parlour or Speedos Cafe for takeaway brunch eats or head to Rocker for a delicious takeaway lunch or dinner.
- WHAT: As one of the world’s leading public parklands, it’s fair to say Centennial Park is a perfect spot for a picnic in Sydney. With plenty of sprawling park space, you’re sure to find the perfect spot.
- EAT: Before you get into the park, stop by Entertainment Quarter for takeaway bites from The Bavarian, Fratelli Fresh, and grab a bottle of wine from the Urban Winery.
- WHAT: Over in Mosman you’ll find the idyllic Clifton Gardens Reserve, overlooking the sparkling foreshore.
- EAT: Grab a delicious takeaway bite to eat from the nearby Ripples at Chowder Bay, serving top-notch modern Australian eats.
- WHAT: Bring the picnic blanket and set up for a picnic on this grassy hilltop spot, with sweeping views of the harbour and bridge below.
- EAT: On your way to Observatory Hill Park, grab takeaway eats from The Rocks’ eateries such as Saké Restaurant and the Australian Hotel.
- WHAT: This lush harbourside spot is the perfect place for a picnic in Sydney, located right in the heart of the CBD with stellar water views.
- EAT: Feeling hungry? Head to Botanic House to grab takeaway modern Australian eats for brunch or lunch.
- WHAT: Whether you’re looking for a day in the sun or a dip in the water (whether that be for a swim, scuba diver, or snorkel) you’ll find it all at Shelly Beach. Grab a seat on the sand and enjoy a day by the water on the Northern Beaches.
- EAT: Just footsteps from the sand you’ll find The Boathouse Shelly Beach, the perfect spot for a takeaway bite for brekkie or lunch.