Get your diaries out, Melburnians. The Europa Night Market is back at Queen Vic Market this spring, running every Wednesday night from 27 September to 25 October. So, what’s on the cards this year?
Five Nights, Five European Adventures
Each Wednesday night, you’ll be whisked away to a new European destination without leaving Melbourne. Enjoy the essence of Italy, Bavaria, French provincial life, the Iberian Peninsula, and the Mediterranean, thanks to live music and cultural performances.
- Italian Night on 27 September brings captivating tunes that echo the charm of Italy’s cobblestone streets.
- Bavarian Night on 4 October lets you celebrate in style with lederhosen and German folk music.
- French Provincial on 11 October brings mimes and French folklore to Queen Vic Market.
- Iberian Night on 18 October will set the scene with Flamenco dancers showcasing Spanish and Portuguese culture.
- The Mediterranean on 25 October features show-stealing Greek folk songs.
First Look: What’s on the Menu?
Foodies, prepare to drool. This year’s vendors are serving up some mouth-watering treats. Il Panzerotto will have homemade panzerotti in traditional and modern flavours. Portuguese Churrasqueira BBQ is your go-to for beef picanha, peri-peri chicken and pork espetada. Then there’s It’s Crepe Time, offering French crepes filled with anything from Nutella to lemon sugar.
Want a fusion of tastes? Head to Fran’s, the geniuses behind Wonderbao. They’re mixing Italian and Asian cuisines with Bolognese-filled and eggplant parmigiana bao buns. Thirsty? Spritz Bar will keep you refreshed with an array of cocktail and mocktail spritz.
Practical Bits You Need to Know
The market runs from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm. You’ll find it at the corner of Queen and Therry Streets in Melbourne. For those driving, $15 event parking is available in both open-air and undercover car parks from 4:30 pm to 11:00 pm. Entry is free, but bring cash for food, drinks, and any impromptu shopping.
In summary, the Europa Night Market at Queen Vic Market is your ticket to experiencing Europe without the long-haul flight.