May I suggest you start a new ritual of eating mussels from a pot and drinking fabulous wine with friends on Monday’s instead of the above mentioned? I guarantee a relaxed night out at the start of your week will make the other four days fly by.
You can even spend a night in and invite your friends over for Monday Night Mussels.
Ms Darlinghurst’s (sloppy) Recipe for Making Mussels
2. Sautee onion and garlic in a big pot.
3. Add a punnet of freshly cut cherry tomatoes and a sliced chili.
4. Splash in some white wine.
5. Add the mussels into a the pot and mix through the sauce until the shells open.
IMPORTANT: Any mussels that don’t open chuck out…they’re bad.
6. Throw some chopped flat leaf parsley in at the end.
7. Serve with fresh crusty bread, heated in the oven and a delicious glass of red wine.
Alternatively both The Winery and Gazebo have 2 for 1 mussels on every Monday night for $24 (also comes with fries). For $12 it’s probably cheaper to eat out and perhaps nicer than my random recipe above (though it has been tested and the guests seemed satisfied).