Ettitude Launch Bedsheets Made Out of Coffee

ettitude-bedding-sheets

Aussie homewares label Ettitude are now selling bedsheets made out of coffee grounds. Say what?

Caffeine and a good night’s sleep aren’t typically synonymous, until now. Australian homewares label Ettitude have just released an organic bedding range, infused with none other than coffee grounds.

Don’t worry, you won’t be crawling into bed with a lingering smell of your morning latte. Rather, the addition of coffee grounds to Ettitude’s organic bamboo lyocell fabric gives the bedding the ability to absorb bodily odours and wick away sweat up to 50 percent faster than regular cotton.

How does that work? Well your sweat is absorbed into the micropores of the coffee yarn fibres, eliminating it, allowing you to stay fresh all night and your sheets to remain cleaner for longer.

Ettitude’s organic coffee infused sheeting range is also hypoallergenic, thermo-regulating, and extremely breathable, making for comfortable sleep.

If having a great night’s sleep wasn’t enough, this bedding range is also incredibly environmentally savvy. The bamboo coffee fabric is made sustainably by repurposing 100% of recycled coffee grounds, which otherwise would end up in landfill. 

Ettitude claim that we globally drink over 2.25 billion cups of coffee every day. The average cup of coffee only utilises 0.2% of the coffee with the remaining 99.8% thrown into the trash. By using S.Cafe technology, they’re theoretically able to recycle this previously wasted 99.8%, to transform coffee grounds into a yarn which can be used in bedding.

Ettitude’s unique bedding is not yet available for sale, but you can jump on the website and ‘back this project’ in a number of ways. A $4 donation will shout Ettitude the equivalent of a cup of coffee. It’s from there that you can purchase anything from a singular pillowcase ($35) to The Complete Set, comprised of 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet, 1 duvet cover and two pillow cases for $320.

Shipping to Australia is free, which we love! You might have to wait until November, but we’re okay with that.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.