Some of the country’s most delectable regional produce has been turned into ice cream thanks to gourmet ice cream creator, Connoisseur and the nation’s hottest and up-and-coming dessert chefs.
We’ve got a few recipes for you to try at home. Feel free to invite us round for dessert!
Gingerbread Pudding with Kangaroo Island Honey and Fig Connoisseur ice cream and Butterscotch Sauce by Kate Sumner
- Melted butter, to grease
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 1 tbs finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 200g (1 1/2 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 25g unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush six capacity muffin pans with melted butter to lightly grease. Line base of each with a circle of baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and ginger in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and golden syrup. Beat until combined. Fold in the flour, Bicarb soda and milk, in batches, until combined. Divide among the prepared pans.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until a metal skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool before turning onto serving plates.
- Meanwhile, to make the butterscotch sauce, combine the sugar, cream and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and bring to the boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.Pour the sauce over the puddings.
- Serve with Kangaroo Island Honey and Fig Connoisseur ice cream
Puffed Quinoa, Orange and Malt Crumble with Murray River Salted Caramel with Chocolate Coated Hazelnuts Connoisseur ice cream by Darren Purchese from Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio in South Yarra, Victoria
- 100g plain flour
- 100g Puffed Quinoa
- 100g Soft light brown sugar
- 35g Muscovado sugar
- 150g Unsalted butter cold melted
- 5 g Bicarb soda
- A small pinch of salt
- 10 g Malt powder
- Zest of one Orange
- Preheated to 160°C
- Mix the flour, puffed Quinoa, brown sugar, Muscovoda sugar, bicarb soda, pinch of salt, malt powder and a zest of one orange together
- Add the butter and softly kneed into a dough
- Scatter the mixture onto lined baking trays and bake in an oven
- Cook for 16 – 20 minutes until light golden brown
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before breaking into small pieces
- Store in a sealed container until ready to use
- Sprinkle the crumble on top of Murray River Salted Caramel with Chocolate Coated Hazelnuts Connoisseur ice cream
Recipe by Darren Purchese from Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio in South Yarra, Victoria